Sri Tanjung : Mulat Sarira as The Basic Concept
In facing the changes which continue to take place, we need to understand more deeply about the essence of our culture. This essence as the central idea will always influence the process of creativity which goes through interpretation, reintegration, adaptation, so that tradition will not be weakened, but will strengthen through development. Arti Foundation has held on to this as its basic concept for its every activity and creative process.
The story of Sri Tanjung, is structurally very simple. There is power, love, jealousy. However, if we read through the verses of the Kidung Sri Tanjung, or look at the relief’s of the archaeological sights in East Java, we have before us a story about the seen and unseen world, self control or retrospect, and purification of the mind and physic. The simplicity of the events which take place in this story and its philosophical aspect became the starting point of our exploration in sharpening the various issues innate in the story, with only using the story’s central characters.
In presenting the themes in the form of scenes, the dialogues which are sung, are harmoniously integrated with dance and music, become a unity, like life of a banjar. Adaptation of different elements is crucial. It is hoped that through mulat sarira, the controlling or managing of the various elements of this dance-drama can conceptualize a harmony which will be able to convey to the audience the various issues addressed in the performance.
Reference :Â www.artifoundation.org
Recent Article :
- Sri Tanjung : Welcome
- Sri Tanjung : Welcome Mayor of Denpasar
- Sri Tanjung : Looking for Taksu Inbetween Tradition and Modernity
- Sri Tanjung : Mulat Sarira as The Basic Concept
- Sri Tanjung : About Sri Tanjung
- Sri Tanjung : The Women Who Purifies The World
- Sri Tanjung : Audience’s Guide
- Music For Sri Tanjung : The Scent of Innocence Tactics of Innovation
- The Story of Sri Tanjung Within The Performing Arts of Bali
- Sri Tanjung: The Scent of Innocence was Finally Staged