Visa Travel Formalities
It is important to note that the Government of Indonesia has issued a new regulation concerning the Visa On Arrival policy. This most recent regulation applied by the Indonesian Government came into effect on 1st February 2006 for foreigners visiting Indonesia.
Details of this new regulation are explained as follows:
1. A Free Visa for Short Visits (less than 30 days) is applicable to 11 countries. These countries include Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, Hong Kong Special Administration Region, Macao Special Administration Region, Morocco, Peru, Chili and Vietnam.
2. Visa On Arrival is applicable to 36 countries and one special territory. Foreigners from these countries are eligible to obtain this visa soon as they arrive in Indonesia. These countries include United States of America, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Denmark, Arabic Emirate, Finland, Hungary, England, Italy, Japan, Germany, Canada, South Korea, Norway, France, Poland, Switzerland, New Zealand and one territory of Taiwan.
3. Travellers’ seeking to obtain the Visa On Arrival to Indonesia are obliged to enter through specific ports of entry as determined by the Government of Indonesia. These include:
Airports: Polonia (Medan), Sultan Syarif Kasim-H (Pekan Bumi), Tabing (Padang), Soekarno-Hatta (Jakarta), Juanda (Surabaya), Ngurah Rai (Bali) and Sam Ratulangi (Manado).
Seaports: Sekupang Batu Ampar, Nongsa, Marina Teluk Serimba (Batam), Bandar Bitan Telangi Lagoi, Bandar Sri Udana Lobarn (Tanjung Uban), Belawan (Belawan), Sibolga (Sibolga), Yos Sudarso (Durnai), Teluk Bayur (Padang), Tanjung Priok (Jakarta), Padang Bai (Bali), and Jayapura (Jayapura) and seven harbors.
4. Visitors from those countries not mentioned above are kindly requested to obtain a visa in their respective country through their nearest Indonesian Embassy.
5. Visitors staying for 7 days in Indonesia are obliged to pay for US$ 10 /per person. While those staying for 8-30 days will have to pay US$ 25 / per person.
Please note: the departure tax for international destinations is Rp.100.000 / per person, while for domestic departures the fee is levied at Rp.30.000 / per person.